Experience, Compassion & Results
For over two decades, Kevin McDermott has come to the aid of the innocent, the sick and the injured. And he has done so with professionalism, personal attention and compassion. His sensitivity in dealing with plaintiffs, his ability to gather key evidence for the strongest possible case and his hard-won trial experience make Kevin McDermott your best friend… and your opponent’s worst enemy.
Graduated CWRU with an MA and BA in Psychology
Graduated with a JD from Cleveland-Marshall School of Law, went to work with Legal Aid Society in New York City as a Public Defender
Passed Ohio Bar
Passed Connecticut & New York bar exams and became Assistant Public Defender for judicial districts of New Haven and Bridgeport Connecticut
Joined Robert E. Sweeney & Associates in Cleveland, Ohio, a major toxic tort law firm representing people injured due to chemicals & minerals
Founded the Law Offices of Kevin McDermott, LPA
- American Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice
- Ohio State Bar Association
Bar and Court Admissions
- State of Ohio
- State of New York
- State of Connecticut
- Federal District Court of Ohio – Northern, Southern & Central Districts
- Also tried cases in local jurisdictions outside of Ohio and is eligible to practice in front of the US Supreme Court.
Significant Trial Victories
- Hamilton v. Ohio Savings
- Flesher v. U-Haul
- Hess et al. v. Norfolk & Southern
- Solly v. A.C. & S.
- Klepksy v. Dick Enterprise
- Fraysure v. A-Best Products Co., et al.